Tuesday, November 19, 2013

“An Ode to my spouse….if only I were a Colour T.V.” (An analogy)



“An Ode to my spouse…if only I were a Colour T.V.
(An analogy)



First of all, you would always turn me on, first thing in the morning, during the day and late at night.
You would never turn me off.
Depending on what buttons you pressed, you could make me, increase, or decrease my volume.
You would always be interested in me, no matter what was on.
You would always see me as interesting and colorful.
You could change me anytime you wanted, depending on what you wanted to see.
In your eyes, I would have lots of variety and flair; you would have lots of me to choose.
Whether I was big or small, I would give you lots of pleasure.
You would idolize and adore me.
I would be your companion for many hours.
Anytime, day or night, you would want to be with me.
Nothing would be able to take you away from me.
No distractions could stop you looking at me.
I would captivate your heart and soul.
You would sit down and have snacks with me.
You would never take your eyes off of me.
No matter if anyone else was talking to you, your eyes would still be fixed on me.
You would instantly see various parts of me at the touch of your hands.
By pressing the right buttons, you would just fall in love with me.
You would be glaring at me all night never taking your eyes off me for a second.
Even if I didn’t appear to be that interesting, you would be so attracted to me.
You would stay up until midnight or one in the morning, just knowing that you were having fun.
At the click of a button, you would record me for hours and hours.
There is a “Remote” chance; we could even have a relationship.
If only I were a Colour T.V.



Written by Chris Turner
February 2007


Chris Turner is a residential/commercial
painting contractor in Edmonton Alberta Canada
chrispaints4u@gmail.com





No comments: