Thursday, October 17, 2013

“Standing on the corner”


“Standing on the corner”

I’m standing on the corner with a sign between my hands
Looking for someone to help me hoping they’ll understand

Just a dollar here or there this is my appeal
Just a little for my stomach enough to buy a meal

I’ve tried to get a job you know but when they see I’m damp
As I’m out in the rain all day they know that I’m a tramp

Roll down your window and share with me the blessings I can’t have
Help me get by one more day and this way I won’t starve

Thank you for giving from your heart I appreciate all you give
It helps to know that someone cares it helps me try to live.

Written by Chris Turner
February 5th, 2013


Chris Turner is a residential/commercial
painting contractor in Edmonton Alberta Canada
chrispaints4u@gmail.com

No comments: